Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • donostia Donostia
    Basque Cuisine in Marylebone
  • petersyard Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Peter's Yard
  • bibis Bibi's Bakery
    Cakes, Cupcakes, and Macaroons
  • byronronaldo Burger Time
    Byron's new special
  • angelsbagpipes Angels With Bagpipes
    Scottish Cuisine
  • burgerbear Burger Bear
    A great Burger in Town
  • kilimanjaro Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Kilimanjaro
  • gastronomica Gastronomica
    Italian Deli in Borough Market
  • wellington Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Wellington Coffee
  • cairngorm Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Cairngorm
  • doughnuts Doughnuts
    A Guide for the Best Ones in London
  • timberyard Coffee Time
    Timberyard
  • edinburghlarder Edinburgh Larder
    Simple but Tasty Breakfast
  • santori Santori
    Another Great Neapolitan Pizza
  • lookingglass Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Looking Glass Books
  • attendant The Attendant
    Getting your coffee in a Victorian Gents
  • shipontheshore The Ship on The Shore
    Seafood in Leith

Burger Wars Episode IV: A New Cattle

My last stop in the search for the best burger in London was in Black & Blue. Their aim is to provide the best steaks and hamburgers in London, and they owned the butcher shop to control the quality of the meat. I had to visit them, I felt like they were calling at me.


Black & Blue

I went to the Wigmore street restaurant near Bond Street tube station. This time Taylor joined me, I’m not sure how he didn’t suggest going to Noodle Oodle, probably he knew after a week in Hong Kong I was in need of a detox of Chinese food. My first impression, good décor, all the posters were frame and surprise!!! They were the album covers for bands and artists such as Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, and Genesis, I felt like eating at home, can you imagine eating with a picture of Genesis 1974 album “The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway” for me just priceless. The restaurant was almost empty, but in their defence it was a late Sunday night. We ordered the burgers, with crispy bacon, melted cheese, and guacamole, you could also ask for BBQ or mushroom sauce, and foie gras, to be honest I was really tempted to add foie gras but I passed in this occasion. Also you can have a vegetarian or a chicken option, and the burgers come with fries so no need to ask for anything else but a cold beer.

The veggie burger reminds me the Seinfeld episode “The Handicap Spot” where the group goes to a shopping mall to buy a present for a wedding and George decides to park in a handicap spot.

Jerry: Do you believe the deal we got on this? A big screen TV? At that price?
Elaine: What a sale, huh? And how about that store, delivering it tonight? We're gonna be swimming in thank you's
George: What did I get the veggie burger for? You got a veggie burger, so I had to get the veggie burger, I'm all over crumbs
Jerry: No-one's gonna have a better gift than this big screen TV! Good for them, love the Drake!
Elaine: Got to love the Drake!


Crispy Bacon, Melted Cheese, and Guacamole Burger

The verdict, the meat was cooked nice (medium rare as we asked), good flavours, juicy, the guacamole was ok nothing special I think they could do better on that, the fries were crispy, and the portions were ok.

The damage, 17 quids for the burger and a cold peroni.

The conclusion, nice place, excellent atmosphere, the service was good but we were the only ones in the place to be honest so how wrong can you go with that. The food was good, I will give them a 6.5, I was expecting more options and toppings, maybe a blue cheese, mozzarella, or a camembert, I don’t know, but anyway who am I to question that. Definitely I’m coming back to try the burger with foie gras.

Black & Blue on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails