Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • jsheekey J Sheekey
    Oyster Bar in London
  • alboccondivino Al Boccon Di'Vino
    A Real Italian Feast
  • donostia Donostia
    Basque Cuisine in Marylebone
  • petersyard Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Peter's Yard
  • bibis Bibi's Bakery
    Cakes, Cupcakes, and Macaroons
  • byronronaldo Burger Time
    Byron's new special
  • angelsbagpipes Angels With Bagpipes
    Scottish Cuisine
  • burgerbear Burger Bear
    A great Burger in Town
  • kilimanjaro Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Kilimanjaro
  • gastronomica Gastronomica
    Italian Deli in Borough Market
  • wellington Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Wellington Coffee
  • cairngorm Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Cairngorm
  • doughnuts Doughnuts
    A Guide for the Best Ones in London
  • timberyard Coffee Time
    Timberyard
  • edinburghlarder Edinburgh Larder
    Simple but Tasty Breakfast
  • santori Santori
    Another Great Neapolitan Pizza
  • lookingglass Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Looking Glass Books

Naru Everyone is Welcome

A few months back I was invited by my friend Sarah to a Korean restaurant Naru, I couldn’t resist and I immediately said yes. They described themselves as traditional well being retaining distinctive flavours and natural seasoning. In my opinion it is traditional flavours with an international twist to make it more globalise and modern.



First sign that the food was going to be good was that the place was full, second sign most of the people in the restaurant were Asians. Naru delivered as expected. First Gun Mandu (hand made dumplings) and Ke Sal Ssam (Traditional Korean Pancakes with crab, mixed salad, slice courgettes, carrots, mushrooms with mustard honey sauce), and for main I tried the Korean crunch chicken mixed with surprising dressing.




If you like Asian flavours go and try the Korean cuisine, and you might bump into Frank Costanza’s Korean girlfriend as in the Seinfeld episode “The Understudy” where Elaine wants to take Frank to the parlor to tell her if the Korean girls in the parlor are making jokes about her.

Frank: I had an affair with a Korean woman.
Elaine: Uh, Mr. Costanza, I …
Frank: No, I feel I need to unburden myself. I loved her very deeply. But the clash of cultures was too much. Her family would not accept me.
Elaine: Mr. Costanza, I, …
Frank: Maybe it was because I refused to take off my shoes. Again, the foot odour problem. Her father would look at me and say, "eno enoa juang ". Which means, "this guy, this is not my kind of guy".

Naru Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

daf said...

Lol I remember that episode , Watched it with my parents( im a teen ;p)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails