Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • hawksmoor Hawksmoor Seven Dials
    Seasonal Burger
  • sandsend The Sands End
    Imperial Wharf Gastropup
  • dipnflip Dip & Flip
    Dipping Sandwiches and Flipping Burgers
  • cocomaya Cocomaya
    Only one word... Cronut
  • dolcecrema Dolce Crema
    Coffee and Gelateria in Barnes
  • rustica Rustica
    Pizzeria in Richmond
  • gingerpig The Ginger Pig
    Pies and Rolls
  • allpress AllPress
    Coffee Bar and Roaster
  • dishoom Mestizo
    Authentic Mexican Cuisine
  • boblobster Bob's & Co
    Great Lobster Roll
  • lowlander Lowlander
    Belgian Pub
  • flatcap Notes Barrows
    Great Coffee Takeaway in Borough Market
  • saltbeef Borough Market
    Salt Beef Time
  • monaco Cote d'Azur Roadtrip
    Betting in Monte Carlo
  • cattlegrid Cattle Grid
    Steaks & Burgers
  • portobello Portobello Ristorante
    Lovely Italian Cuisine in Notting Hill
  • emberyard Ember Yard
    New Slider on the Block

Troia

I went a few week backs with the Venezuelan gang to a Turkish restaurant for a birthday celebration. I always enjoy Turkish cuisine, the mix of flavours, the amazing sauces based on yogurt, and even the fast food style you find here in London with Kebab parlours everywhere. I’d have to say about these places that one of the best I have tried so far is Bosphorus in South Kensington, however I have to go and check a place in Chiswick that my friend Luna recommended.


Troia is a typical Turkish restaurant, nice decoration, an amazing and exotic selection of lamps, good service, nice atmosphere, and reasonable prices. We were around 16 people in the restaurant so for logistic reasons we went for the set menu which includes humus, cacik, falafel, borek, karisik izgara, kuzu sis, tavuk sis, and turlu.




So if you want to try Turkish cuisine here in the city and you are tired of the kebab places I would recommend to go Troia, you can enjoy an excellent meal and even have an Efes beer or smoke shisha.






The name of the restaurant reminded me the Seinfeld episode “The Label Maker” where Kramer and Newman are playing risk in a subway train.

Newman: Are you sure you know where the impound yard is?
Kramer: Oh, stop stalling. Come on.
Newman: I can't think, there's all this noise.
Kramer: Or is it because I've built a stronghold around Greenland? I've driven you out of Western Europe and I've left you teetering on the brink of complete annihilation.
Newman: I'm not beaten yet. I still have armies in the Ukraine.
Kramer: Ha ha, the Ukraine. Do you know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine.
Ukrainian: I come from Ukraine. You not say Ukraine weak.
Kramer: Yeah, well we're playing a game here, pal.
Ukrainian: Ukraine is game to you?! How about I take your little board and smash it!!

Troia on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails