Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • grindcoffee Grind Coffee
    Coffee Time in Putney
  • kalamaras Kalamaras
    A Piece of Greece in London
  • coffeeberlin Berlin
    Coffee Time in Berlin
  • sambaswirl Samba Swirl
    Froyo Time in Chiswick
  • tarantella Tarantella
    Another Italian Place in Chiswick
  • wharf The Wharf
    A lovely Restaurant by the Thames in Teddington
  • fiveguys Five Guys
    American Invasion
  • phene The Phene
    Great local pub for a drink in Chelsea
  • mangotree Mango Tree
    Great but Expensive Dim Sum Place
  • makoto Makoto
    Sushi Time Chiswick
  • buenosaires Buenos Aires
    Argentine Steakhouse in Chiswick
  • lookingglass Tea Time
    Fashionista Afternoon Tea
  • jsheekey J Sheekey
    Oyster Bar in London
  • alboccondivino Al Boccon Di'Vino
    A Real Italian Feast
  • donostia Donostia
    Basque Cuisine in Marylebone
  • petersyard Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Peter's Yard
  • bibis Bibi's Bakery
    Cakes, Cupcakes, and Macaroons

Guerres d’hamburger Episode XIV: L'hamburger français

The other day I met a friend from high school I hadn’t seen for a long time. We use facebook to keep in touch, so he pass by London and gave me a ring. We went to the All Bar One in Shad Thames had a couple pints and caught up, in a not so common sunny day in London, although this summer has been pretty good I have to say.

Le Pont de la Tour view

After 2 pints he left and I was a little bit hungry. Good for me, I was just beside Le Pont de la Tour, and still had to try their burger. So as a result I went immediately to the place. I ordered Le Pont Burger, and a French beer. The subject in question comes with cheese, bacon, and a tomato relish.

Le Pont Burger

The verdict, the burger was very tasty, and the relish gives a contrast flavour to the burger, fries were good, the service was really good, one of the best I have experienced in London.

The damage, 18 pounds for a burger, fries, and a meteor beer.

The conclusion, good burger, I can come back to give it another try, but not as good as the last one I have tried, they got a 7.5 in my scale.

All this French experience reminds me the Seinfeld episode “The Soul Mate” when Elaine is ga-ga with a bloke she just met.

Elaine (happily): Yeah.
George: And you really believe this guy doesn't want to have kids.
Elaine: Yeah, of course.
Jerry: Elaine, a guy will say anything to get a woman.
Elaine: Oh, please. He wouldn't say that.
George: Elaine, I once told a woman that I coined the phrase, "Pardon my French."
Jerry: I once told a woman that I don't eat cake 'cause it goes right to my thighs.
George: I once told a woman that I really enjoy spending time with my family.


Le Pont de la Tour on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails