Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • coffeeberlin Berlin
    Coffee Time in Berlin
  • sambaswirl Samba Swirl
    Froyo Time in Chiswick
  • tarantella Tarantella
    Another Italian Place in Chiswick
  • wharf The Wharf
    A lovely Restaurant by the Thames in Teddington
  • fiveguys Five Guys
    American Invasion
  • phene The Phene
    Great local pub for a drink in Chelsea
  • mangotree Mango Tree
    Great but Expensive Dim Sum Place
  • makoto Makoto
    Sushi Time Chiswick
  • buenosaires Buenos Aires
    Argentine Steakhouse in Chiswick
  • lookingglass Tea Time
    Fashionista Afternoon Tea
  • jsheekey J Sheekey
    Oyster Bar in London
  • alboccondivino Al Boccon Di'Vino
    A Real Italian Feast
  • donostia Donostia
    Basque Cuisine in Marylebone
  • petersyard Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Peter's Yard
  • bibis Bibi's Bakery
    Cakes, Cupcakes, and Macaroons
  • byronronaldo Burger Time
    Byron's new special
  • angelsbagpipes Angels With Bagpipes
    Scottish Cuisine

Burger Wars Episode XV: Chelsea Attack

Finally I went to the Cross Keys, I was in Wimbledon looking for flats, and called my friend Rob to meet in South Kensington, so as we were in the west end we decided to go to this hidden Chelsea public house founded in 1708. Both wanted to go for different reasons, mine was simply to try their burger.

The Cross Keys

Amazing pub, really quiet, only locals, so if you want to avoid tourists that’s the place to go. Anyway, too much yada yada yada, so let’s going to talk about the burger. You have 3 options to add to your burger, bacon, cheese, and egg. As I’m a little bit exaggerated, guess what? I ordered mine with everything.

The Menu

The verdict, amazing! really good flavour, nice patty, medium rare as asked, the french fries had parsley and had a buttery flavour, possibly they were fried in butter, didn't ask but really really really good.

The damage, 13 pounds the burger, fries, and a pint.

The conclusion, I can’t wait to go again, I see myself now living in SW19 going more regularly. Solid 9 for this Chelsea gastro pub. Thanks God I’m a Chelsea fan, so from now on every time I go for a match in Stamford Bridge I will end having this amazing burger.

The X Burger

The Cross Keys reminds me the Seinfeld episode “The Keys” where Kramer lost Jerry’s spare key privileges after invading Jerry’s life more than usual.

Kramer: Having the keys to Jerry's apartment, that kept me in a fantasy world. Every time I went over to his house it was like a vacation: better food, better view, better TV, cleaner, oh!, much cleaner. That became my reality. I ignored the squalor in my own life because I'm looking at life, you see, through Jerry's eyes. I was living in the twilight, living in the shadows, living in the darkness... like you.
George: Me?
Kramer: Oh, I can barely see you, George.
George: Stop it Kramer, you're freakin' me out.

The Dining Room

Cross Keys on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails