Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • coffeeberlin Berlin
    Coffee Time in Berlin
  • sambaswirl Samba Swirl
    Froyo Time in Chiswick
  • tarantella Tarantella
    Another Italian Place in Chiswick
  • wharf The Wharf
    A lovely Restaurant by the Thames in Teddington
  • fiveguys Five Guys
    American Invasion
  • phene The Phene
    Great local pub for a drink in Chelsea
  • mangotree Mango Tree
    Great but Expensive Dim Sum Place
  • makoto Makoto
    Sushi Time Chiswick
  • buenosaires Buenos Aires
    Argentine Steakhouse in Chiswick
  • lookingglass Tea Time
    Fashionista Afternoon Tea
  • jsheekey J Sheekey
    Oyster Bar in London
  • alboccondivino Al Boccon Di'Vino
    A Real Italian Feast
  • donostia Donostia
    Basque Cuisine in Marylebone
  • petersyard Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Peter's Yard
  • bibis Bibi's Bakery
    Cakes, Cupcakes, and Macaroons
  • byronronaldo Burger Time
    Byron's new special
  • angelsbagpipes Angels With Bagpipes
    Scottish Cuisine

Cheezborger enter at your own risk…

A friend recommended a burger shack in downtown Chicago, and yes again it was really close to the hotel. To tell you the truth I would have never entered the place if I hadn’t gotten the recommendation. Outside the place looks like a strip joint, it’s the typical place to go after a baseball match to have a couple beers and get a cheap burger. The place is historic and has associated a curse, apparently in 1945 the owner of Billy Goat Tavern Billy Sianis was asked to leave Wrigley Field during the World Series against Detroit after other fans complaint about his goat’s odor. Outrage he declared “Them Cubs, they aren’t gonna win no more”.

The Famous Tavern

I’m sure my friend Carla would have loved the place, it couldn’t have been more classic and traditional burger, a perfect place for purists, for the lovers of flat, overdone patty with an oily taste. I even heard the cook screaming Cheezborger! Cheezborger! No fries, cheeps! No Pepsi, Coke!

The Tavern

I went for a triple cheeseburger and a couple beers. The taste is as classic as you can imagine, oily flavour, cheap cheese, and to add the classic sauces and pickles. Not my cup of tea to be honest, however, a place definitely worth going, so much history and great experience.

Triple Cheezeborger...

I don’t remember any episode of Seinfeld talking about a goat but I do about a pony, like in the episode “The Pony Remark”.

Elaine: What about ponies? What kind of abnormal animal is that? And those kids who had their own ponies.
Jerry: I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.
Manya: I had a pony.
Jerry: Well, I didn't really mean a pony, per se.
Manya: When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony,so, what's wrong with that?
Jerry: Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just merely expressing.
Helen: Should we have coffee? Who's having coffee?
Manya: He was a beautiful pony! And I loved him.
Jerry: Well, I'm sure you did. Who wouldn't love a pony? Who wouldn't love a person that had a pony?
Manya: You! You said so!

Billy Goat Tavern on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails