Previously on The Blog About Nothing... in London!

  • donostia Donostia
    Basque Cuisine in Marylebone
  • petersyard Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Peter's Yard
  • bibis Bibi's Bakery
    Cakes, Cupcakes, and Macaroons
  • byronronaldo Burger Time
    Byron's new special
  • angelsbagpipes Angels With Bagpipes
    Scottish Cuisine
  • burgerbear Burger Bear
    A great Burger in Town
  • kilimanjaro Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Kilimanjaro
  • gastronomica Gastronomica
    Italian Deli in Borough Market
  • wellington Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Wellington Coffee
  • cairngorm Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Cairngorm
  • doughnuts Doughnuts
    A Guide for the Best Ones in London
  • timberyard Coffee Time
    Timberyard
  • edinburghlarder Edinburgh Larder
    Simple but Tasty Breakfast
  • santori Santori
    Another Great Neapolitan Pizza
  • lookingglass Coffee Time in Edinburgh
    Looking Glass Books
  • attendant The Attendant
    Getting your coffee in a Victorian Gents
  • shipontheshore The Ship on The Shore
    Seafood in Leith

The Alexandra... Not everything in a pub is lost

The last month I have been going to a local pub in Wimbledon to connect to internet and try to keep the blog up to date. The place is The Alexandra, belonging to the Young’s chain. I’m always keen on trying a good gastropub, however when they are part of a big network I tried to be more careful.


It was my third time in the lounge bar when I decided to give it a go and tried their cuisine. One option in the menu got my attention, The Miniature Pie Platter, what can be more British than pies with real ale chutney. Surprisingly, the presentation of the platter was spotless, and to be honest the delivery was quite good.


Is nice to see that there is still hope with some of these places, and you still can enjoy a good pint of Guinness and a meal without having regrets later.

A beer brings me back flashes of the Seinfeld episode “The Muffin Tops” where Mr. Steinbrenner is talking by the phone with the manager of Tyler Chicken.

Mr. Steinbrenner: John Tyler? George Steinbrenner here. I want to talk about George Costanza. I understand he's been dividing his time between us and you. I cannot have that.
John Tyler: Well I don't know who he is but if you want him that bad I'm not giving him up that easily.
Mr. Steinbrenner: Oh is that so. Playing a little hardball huh Jonny boy?
John Tyler: How about this. You give me Costanza, I convert your concessions to all chicken no charge. Instead of hot dogs, chicken dogs. Instead of pretzels, chicken twists. Instead of beer, alcoholic chicken.
Mr. Steinbrenner: How do you make that alcoholic chicken?
John Tyler: Let if ferment, just like everything else.
Mr. Steinbrenner: That stuff sounds great. All right. I'll have Costanza on the next bus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails